IRISS is a non-profit organization, operating with an entirely volunteer staff. In addition to your membership, please consider volunteering your time in a leadership or support role. No prior experience is needed. The time commitment varies from 3-12 hrs per month depending on role, scope and project. We ask for your availability to participate in teleconference meetings and uphold a strong commitment to professional conduct and respect for people in a virtual work environment.
For more information or to volunteer your time, please email [email protected]
Below are some of the currently defined opportunities. Please check back often, as we have a growing need for committee members and support.
Board of Directors
Duties are as follows:
- Advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of IRISS Forum in support of the organization’s mission and needs.
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Establishment of annual goals and direction
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
Do you have accounting/finance experience? Do you want to become part of the IRISS leadership team? Apply today to become the Treasurer for IRISS.
This is a volunteer position requiring a commitment of 10-15 hours per month. To apply, email [email protected].
• Oversees the management and reporting of organizational finances
• Member of the Executive Committee
• Together with the Executive Committee, establishes operational and strategic plans for proposal to the Board of Directors for endorsement and approval.
• Release funds authorized by Board of Directors
• Attends regularly scheduled Executive Committee meetings
• May participate as an invited guest at Board of Director meetings
• Establishes operational tasks in support of the mission and business of a 501c6 organization
• Reports quarterly financials to Board of Directors
• Financial transaction oversight – Knowledgeable of who has access to the organization’s funds, and any outstanding bills or debts owed, as well as develops systems for keeping cash flow manageable. Signs checks, authorizes purchases/debits to the organization under direction of Board of Directors approval of spend. Responsible for administration of financial systems of record (i.e. QuickBooks, Wells Fargo, and Stripe) and administrative aspects of managing IRISS membership invoicing, etc.
• Budgets – Develops the annual budget as well as compares the actual revenues and expenses incurred against the budget
• Financial Policies – Oversees the development and observation of the organization’s financial policies
• Reports – Keeping the board regularly informed of key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health in addition to completing required financial reporting forms in a timely fashion and making these forms available to the board
Accounting/finance experience, proficiency in QuickBooks and financial reporting are required.